It was with compassion, vision, determination and perseverance that Pioneers Medical Center was started in 1950, and we honor that pioneering spirit today by asking you to support the progress of our hometown healthcare.
We have a vision to create a new and improved medical center truly designed around our community’s current and future needs!
Pioneers broke ground in March 2014 on construction of a new medical facility designed to modernize our current services, allow us to provide new healthcare options locally and ensure room to meet the future needs of our community. Construction should be completed by August 2015 – follow the progress on the Pioneers Medical Center web site…
Drawing upon five years of diligent research and financial planning, Pioneers chose to build a new facility at the Meeker Terrace location and saved enough cash to secure direct loans and avoid the need for bond funding.
Beyond the long-overdue building infrastructure improvements, the new facility will feature updates to address handicap accessibility, privacy and safety for both patients and staff.
The baseline cost for the project is $47 million and is privately financed. However, approximately $2 million is needed for new services and technology advancements that Pioneers will fund through grants, business investment and community donations.
What Amenities Can I Expect at the New Facility?
- FLEXIBLE, PRIVATE ROOMS adaptable to address unique needs like isolation, bariatric or hospice care.
- PHYSICAL AND OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY RESOURCES, such as kitchen and bathroom learning centers, transitional care beds and stroke recovery support.
- Improved OUTPATIENT TREATMENTS to include chemotherapy, pain management, infusion care and surgical recovery options.
- An expanded MEEKER FAMILY HEALTH CENTER with additional exam rooms, three procedure rooms and dedicated pediatric resources.
- A redesigned WALBRIDGE MEMORIAL WING to help aging members of our community stay in a comfortable, home-like environment with private rooms, multiple living and gathering spaces and new baking and gardening options.
- INDUSTRY-SPECIFIC SERVICES including a decontamination area in the Emergency Department and resources for cardiac stress testing, hearing testing, new employee physicals and workers compensation exams.
In line with our mission – to inspire a healthier community through philanthropic support of preventative care services, healthcare education and technology applications that improve quality of care – the Pioneers Healthcare Foundation is challenging each and every one of us to tap into our own Pioneering Spirit and to support the next evolution of Pioneers Medical Center.
There are many ways you can help sustain and build quality healthcare in our hometown. Show your Pioneering Spirit with a donation to support new technology, a gift in honor of a loved one, sponsorship of a room or new services and by helping to spread the word in support of this project.